Serendipity Event Space was thoughtfully designed as a boutique loft style event space with the discerning client in mind. Launched in 2018 for clients who wanted something more than a tacky community center but desired something different than a traditional banquet hall or venue that charged tons of fees to have a simple celebration. Serendipity Event Space offers a flair of elegance, romance and a unique concept all wrapped up in an industrial loft style space perfect for small celebrations and events.
At Serendipity Event Space we understand that whatever your event celebration needs are – it requires an experienced team to create an event that truly is a reflection of you or your brand. Our in-house Event Designers will custom design your event as little or as much as you would like us to, transforming your vision into reality. Be it a intimate ceremony or a mimosa brunch bridal shower, a cocktails-and-dance celebration, a corporate training session or a formal multi-course dinner, our staff bring a level of passion and commitment to excellence that is second to none.
Serendipity Event Space is ideally suited for:
- Engagement parties
- Bridal & Baby Showers
- Cocktail receptions
- Brunches or lunches
- Intimate ceremonies
- Birthday Parties
- Funeral receptions
- First Communions and Much more
- Prep kitchen with fridge and freezer (cooking not allowed)
- Standard rectangle or round tables & crystal phoenix chairs
- Free High Speed WIFI
- 15% off on most event rentals at Pure Lush Design and Co
- Free parking available
- 796 sq. ft.
- Up to 80 guests seating capacity with a dance floor and head table
- Up to 120 guests cocktail receptions
- 20′ ceiling height
- Bar/ Buffet Area
- Decor, Design & Floral Services
- Furniture & Linen rentals including cutlery
- Smart Serve Bartenders and/or F&B Servers
- Event Planning
- Cake and sweet table
- Photographer / Photo Booth.
Schedule a site visit with us today!
Frequently Ask Questions
What is the venue’s capacity?
Do you allow pets?
Do you offer parking?
Is there any décor provided with my rental?
Do you provide A/V equipment?
Can you cook food onsite?
What is the bookingprocess?
What forms of payment do you accept?
What is your payment and cancellation policy?
What is your response to COVID-19 situation?
Can I serve Alcohol or wine?
Can I have extra time to set up and clean up?
Can we arrange to leave items in the venue overnight?
Do you have to rent a minimum number of hours?
What happens if there is a power cut?
Can I rent on a Sunday or a holiday?
Do you book more than one function per day?
When do you need our final guest count?
- No smoking indoors including vape, e-cigarettes etc
- No open flames or pyrotechnics (candles must be glass-enclosed)
- No confetti, glitter or sparklers
- No fireworks, sky lanterns and any other incendiary items
- No permanent markers of any kind
- No holes may be made in the walls
- No items are allowed to be attached to the walls/doors
- Renters are responsible for any surfaces that are damaged by décor.
- All décor must be removed by the end of the rental agreement.
Can I use a caterer that is not on your list?
Yes, you can!
Can I serve alcohol at my event?
Yes you can! However, you must obtain an SOP (Special Occasions Permit) online from the AGCO (Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario). This is a requirement by law any time alcohol is served.
Please note that permit applications for public events must be submitted to an LCBO SOP service store at least 30 days before the event takes place, except Private Event applications which must be submitted at least 10 days before the event.
Can I use my friends or volunteers to staff the bar?
This depends on the type of event. Please inquire prior to booking. All bartenders must be Smart Serve certified and are not allowed to drink alcohol during the event. We will require a copy of their Smart Serve certificate prior to the event.